3rd BI-ANNUAL UGANDA CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY ASSOCIATION WITH UGANDA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ALLIANCE CONFERENCE
20TH-21ST APRIL 2017 AT UNIVERSITY OF KISUBI (UniK)
Uganda Clinical Psychology Association (UCPA) in collaboration with Uganda Behavioral Health Alliance (UBHA) in the USA wish to invite stakeholders and all interested persons and organizations to attend to this year’s two-day conference on the above- mentioned date and venue.
The Theme is: MANAGING TRAUMA, MENTAL HEALTH, ADDICTIONS AND PROVIDER CARE: A LIFESPAN AND LOCAL CULTURAL PERSPECTIVES.
Sub -Themes are:
1. Childhood trauma and available services
2. Youth Mental Health Challenges and support
3. Family wellness and Mental Health concerns
4. Advanced Age Mental Health challenges
5. Workplace/Institutional performance implications
6. Alcohol, Drugs and Addictions
7. Violence, War and Trauma
8. Care for Caregivers: New perspectives
9. Problem Gambling
10. Promoting Peace for Mental Health
11. Professional development for Practitioners
12. Spirituality, Healing and Trauma care
13. Traditional Healer and Integrated care
14. The Bio-Psycho social Model of responding across cultures
Submissions are allowed in two ways;
1. Hard copy delivered to the office of Dr. Ankwasiize Evarist Head of Department of Psychology at the University of Kisubi.
2. Email: Makumbi Gerald 0772446836 email@example.com or Ankwasiize Evarist 0774442692 firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Please respond to this announcement by indicating interest to attend or/and to present work and experience in the areas indicated not later than 1st of April 2017.
Registration and Participation in the conference will be by contributing 50,000/ for Delegates and 20,000/ for Students.